Sunday, April 8, 2012

Post-Cinematheque

Thanks to all who came out to Friday's screening. It was wonderful to see so many old friends, students, and professors. And it was a special treat to hear Michael Tully speak about "Septien," which played very well to an appreciative audience.

Of course, being at BU was not without some bittersweet moments, especially in getting around campus in my wheelchair: a new perspective on familiar territory. I have to be honest here: before I left Boston for Montana, I halfheartedly felt, almost as a vow, that I wouldn't set foot on campus again; and now that I don't have a foot to set, that vow turns out to be one of life's bitter ironies, along the "be careful what you wish for, because it may just happen" line. On the whole, though, I was glad to be back, and especially glad to see so many familiar faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment